Student Travel Grants
Application deadline is August 23, 2019. Notifications will be sent to applicants in mid-September.
The 2019 MMM Conference will offer travel grants to a limited number of students working in magnetism and magnetic materials who wish to attend the Conference. The Conference grants will be in the amount of $750 USD.
Student Travel Grant Eligibility
- Support is for current students only. Postdoctoral fellows or non-students are not eligible.
- The student must be presenting a paper at the Conference.
- The student's supervisor must submit a letter of recommendation.
- The student must NOT have previously received a MMM/Joint Conference or IEEE Magnetics Society travel grant.
- Only ONE application per research group will be accepted.
- Preference will be given to students who are nearing completion of their PhD graduate studies, although a limited number of Conference travel grants will be awarded to other graduate and undergraduate students.
How do I Apply for a Conference Travel Grant?
- To apply, the student must complete and submit the online application form.
- The student’s advisor must submit a letter of endorsement.
- Only complete applications will be considered.
- Applicants will be notified of the committee's decision in mid-September.
- The deadline for submitting applications and letters of endorsement is 5:00 PM EST on August 23, 2019.
Note: All grant recipients are required to complete either a W8 or W9 before payment is issued. Complete details will be provided to successful applicants.